Appeals must be made within 14 days of receiving the citation, all appeals are managed by the Dean of Student's Appeals Board. If you have a question or issue regarding a parking citation, please contact our office.
How to Make An Appeal
- Go to MyParking.msstate.edu and login using your NetID and Net Password.
- Select the "Citations" tab and the citation in which you intend to appeal.
- Provide all the requested information and submit the appeal. Once you have correctly filled out the information, you will be notified that the appeal has been submitted successfully.
- The appeal board will then make a decision based on all of the information and the decision is communicated via e-mail.
- For student appeals, a $5 appeal processing fee is charged if the appeal is denied by the board.
|Parked in Handicap||$200|
|No Permit Visible||$180|
|Not Parked in Designated Parking Space||$50|
|Fire Hydrant/Fire Lane||$50|
|Out of Zone||$30|
|Parking Facing Wrong Way/Left of Curb||$30|
|In a Reserved/Exclusive Space||$50|
|Parked in Compact Space||$30|
|Displaying Lost/Stolen Permit||$100|
|License Plate Not Visible||$30|
|Unregistered License Plate||$30|
|Disregard Traffic Control Device||$150|
|No Driver's License||$100|
|Wrong Way on a One Way||$100|
|Failure to Yield||$100|
|Driving on Sidewalk/Grass/Restricted Area||$100|
|Disregard for Sign & Direction Indicator/ Other Unlawful Direction Command||$50|
|Disregard for Crosswalk||$50|