Parking Permits

Students, staff and faculty can find registration information and permit options below, if you are a visitor to campus please see the "Visitor Parking" tab located to the right and top of this web page.

Permit Registration

  1. Go to and login using your NetID and Net Password. Should you experience problems with your NetID, please contact the Help Desk at 325-0631 or visit
  2. Select the Banner tab. The Parking Permit Registration page is located under Personal Information.
  3. Before purchasing your parking permit, you will be asked to update and/or verify the following items:
    • Your Maroon Alert Emergency Contact Information
  4. Continue through the Parking Permit registration. Answer all questions as it pertains to you and your vehicle.
  5. Click Purchase Now, this will lead you to the Payment Information page.
  6. Review over the information you entered and confirm this information.  When you click Confirm Purchase, please wait while your transaction is processed.
  7. Once the application has been submitted, you will receive a receipt number and a parking permit number. Please print and display this receipt on your dash until your official permit arrives. Once your official permit arrives, the permit must be permanently affixed to the vehicle according to the directions on the back of the permit.
  8. If you have not received your permit within 14 days, please come to our office.

Permit Prices

Classification Full Year
Gated Faculty/Staff $467
Retired Gated Faculty/Staff $378
Regular Faculty/Staff $180
Retired Faculty/Staff $91
Vendors $193
Motorcycles $147
Residential Students $193
Commuter Students $180
Daily Temporary $5 Daily
Daily Visitor Permit $5 Daily

Pro-Rated Permit Prices

Designated Motorcycle Parking

Motorcycles must have a valid MSU permit. We offer designated motorcycle parking spaces that are strategically placed throughout the campus. Motorcycles are not allowed to park at bicycle racks. Motorcycles may park in designated motorcycle parking areas, or any valid parking space and must obey all state laws. Registration of your motorcycle permits must be completed in person at the Parking & Transit Services office, located in the Roberts Building. Only staff with valid MSU gated permits can park motorcycles in gated lots.